Quick start guide
In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step to set up your first application using Situm Wayfinding Module. Before starting to write code, we recommend you to set up an account in our Dashboard, retrieve your API KEY and configure your first building.
- Go to the sign in form and enter your username and password to sign in.
- Go to the account section and on the bottom, click on "generate one" to generate your API KEY.
- Go to the buildings section and create your first building.
- Download Situm Mapping Tool Android application. With this application you will be able to configure and test Situm's indoor positioning system in your buildings.
Perfect! Now you are ready to develop your first indoor positioning application.
Installing the plugin
We assume that you have already created a hybrid application with your favorite framework (Ionic, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, Telerik…). There are some different ways to install the plugin:
1) Manually from npm:
$ cordova plugin add situm-cordova-plugin-official
2) Defined in config.xml for automatic installation:
<plugin name="situm-cordova-plugin-official" source="npm"> </plugin>
3) With Cordova CLI utility from master (or another branch):
$ cordova plugin add https://github.com/situmtech/situm-cordova-plugin.git
* Please note that we are using Cocoapods in order to manage iOS dependencies, which means you might need to run
pod repo update when trying to compile your app after updating our plugin
Using the plugin
Accessing plugin object
When the device ready event is fired, the global cordova variable is injected into the namespace. Plugins are available in this variable: cordova.plugins. The Situm Cordova Plugin is autowired within this object.
So, all methods are called in the same way, e.g. ‘setApiKey’:
Allows you to log in to your Situm Account. This key is generated in Situm Dashboard. Returns true if apiKey was set successfully, otherwise false
Provides user’s email and password.
Congratulations! Now you can start to code using Situm SDK. For more information and code samples, please check our Cordova Getting Started in Github.